Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fixing Spa Bath for resale

Options
  • 10-05-2013 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, I recently bought a Spa Bath but it arrived with a small crack. The company shipped another to me but wasn't worth their time/money collecting it so left it with me. Can anyone recommend products to fix this so I can sell this on or would there be Bathroom/Plumbing businesses who would buy this for the parts? It was originally 1200 euro so would be a waste to just scrap it.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭LIFFY FISHING

The fiberglass section of the bath is damaged and the crack has gone straight through to the capped acrilic, it wouldnt be adviseable to repair this damage beneath the waterline, the reason the supplier didnt collect it, was it is scrap, selling such an item has warantee issues and a full bath cracking again and flooding a house has litagation issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Shyte, thanks for the reply. Might look around to see if anyone is interested in the jets and motor parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

I agree with life that I generally don't fix baths elbow the water line

But there is nothing stopping you selling the bath with the receipt and guarantee from the bath fixer. Someone like renu bath will tell you if it's worth fixing.

I think it might not be because its gonna cost about 300 to get fixed and as its a crack you will only see around 500

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Shyte, thanks for the reply. Might look around to see if anyone is interested in the jets and motor parts.

What size is the bath?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,530 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dtp79 wrote: »
    What size is the bath?

1700 mm. 1000 x 700 mm

• Advertisement
Advertisement