Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are you looking for an overseas experience?

Options
  • 10-05-2013 8:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭

Ever fancied a trip "downunder"? Regard yourself as a bit of decent midfielder? Then we have just the job for you! The NZRFU is urgently seeking a quality midfielder to replace its rapidly depleting stocks. The lure of the yen has claimed SBW, Kahui, and now Ellison (the bastard), and with the average form of Nonuuuuu and the repeated head trauma to Smith, opportunities are aplenty.

Successful candidates will be male (sorry, ladies), know a bit about rugby (union that is, leaguies need not apply), can pass the ball off both hands, and need to be able to tackle. Ability to perform Maori war dance desirable, but can be learned on the job (or at any drunken NZ party).

Oh, and you need a granny or two with a bit of the Kiwi in them.

Applications to NZRFU, Wellington, NZ.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Would they consider a project player :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,631 ✭✭✭Swiwi

P_1 wrote: »
    Would they consider a project player :pac:

Definitely! Desperate times, desperate measures.

Speaking of project players I have a personal message from Steve Hansen to Jared Payne "Ulster/Smulster - what were you thinking son? Tear up that contract, and make tracks down here as fast as possible. All is forgiven, and arms are opened wide. Yours, Steve"

• Registered Users Posts: 24,184 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Swiwi wrote: »
    Successful candidates can pass the ball off both hands, .

Well that rules out most Irish professional centres right away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

ye don't want Michael Bent back by any chance, ye could try him in the centre?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I could be the first 11st Irish AB in the history of the ABs....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Thud wrote: »
    ye don't want Michael Bent back by any chance, ye could try him in the centre?

Well, seeing as he's already capped with Ireland, it's a bit useless if they are looking for someone for the national squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭desertcircus

Well, seeing as he's already capped with Ireland, it's a bit useless if they are looking for someone for the national squad.

Props should definitely get another go at international rugby if they're willing to shift to the backline. Think of the hilarity...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,016 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Props should definitely get another go at international rugby if they're willing to shift to the backline. Think of the hilarity...

Seconded.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Thud

thanks for pointing that out buddy, Swiwi is just going to have to keep looking so :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Cronin and Healy seem to transfer easily :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,588 ✭✭✭Awesomeness

Buer wrote: »
    Well that rules out most Irish professional centres right away!

Yeah cant see that O' Driscoll lad making it there at all

Yeah cant see that O' Driscoll lad making it there at all

Ironically, as majestic as he is, BOD is a relatively poor/average passer off his left.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Aren't we all. Hate, HATE, passing off my left.

.ak wrote: »

Pfft. Speak for yourself. I'm a citeog.

*tries to pass off right, hits self in face*

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

John Hayes is booking a flight as I type. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 373 ✭✭Ruck Inspector

Did I read it right that Tim Nanai-Williams is not being considered?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Cronin and Healy seem to transfer easily :p
    Wait Cronin is not a back :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

.ak wrote: »
    Isnt the left side for the dummie pass or a pop, Christ I feel so stupid spiral kicking to the lads outside me now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭19543261

has there ever been a professional mess game where players play in their worst position possible? this should happen.

i.e. th at flyhalf, scrumhalf at lock, etc.

hilarity and creativity ensues

and possibly a few new tactics!

Did I read it right that Tim Nanai-Williams is not being considered?

Questions over his defence. He's electric on attack. I wouldn't trust him in an AB midfield, though - not yet anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Nanai Williams is one of those create a player in fifa with 99 for attack and 1 for defence. Rene Ranger's far more likely to get a run in midfield for the ABs.

yimrsg wrote: »
    Nanai Williams is one of those create a player in fifa with 99 for attack and 1 for defence. Rene Ranger's far more likely to get a run in midfield for the ABs.

Yep, TNW is a back three player. I dont think he has what it takes to be an international midfield player. Frances Saiili and Bundee Aki are probably the pick of the young lads.

Advertisement