Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilkenny supporters

Options
  • 10-05-2013 7:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Last Sunday was fair bad now, I was walking up early to the grounds to get a good seat before the camogie. After parking up by a petrol station and wearing my Tipp jersey and cap some car full of lads started roaring at me "ya ****in scumbag". I looked around to see if anyone heard what I heard but I was the only one in earshot at the time. I never came across that oul soccer type blaggardism in any other town before.

I noticed the Kilkenny supporters have an awful habit of Booing aswell. They Boo for everything that doesn't go their way. I don't know about ye but I find that shocking bad manners and thick. If the ref makes a bad call, let a roar at him but this oul soccer type mob chanting is nothing like any where else in Ireland. I wonder how in the hell such a legendary team can come from such a classless supporter base at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Pudders

You never heard Tipp fans boo? Nor ever seen Tipp young lads full of cider shout abuse? You've obviously never been near any of the train full of supporters. Every county has their drunken young lads. KK no better or no worse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

Pudders wrote: »
    You never heard Tipp fans boo? Nor ever seen Tipp young lads full of cider shout abuse? You've obviously never been near any of the train full of supporters. Every county has their drunken young lads. KK no better or no worse.

Oh I have heard a Boo or ten but not on the scale like KK supporters. Your right I've never been on a train to a game I always drive. I have seen Tipp louts actin the maggot alright especially down in Cork and they make a disgrace of themselves. There's ****es in every county I know but what annoyed me was how early in the day I was roared at with no time for drink to be taken but I'll get over it. But what I'm bothered about is the strange Booing that goes on in KK nowadays it was never as bad. A bit of oul cursing and blindin from the crowd is great crack and I hope that oul Booing ****e doesn't spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

These KK supporters you talk about only turn up on final day .

They are nowhere to be seen prior to this , other than a free evening out in Nowlan Park to see training .

Not true supporters imo .-

• Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

A car full of lads doesn't automatically mean they were Kilkenny supporters, they were just gob****es. I live in Kilkenny and even though I ain't the biggest hurling fan I can tell you that sort of abuse wouldn't be tolerated at Nowlan Park. As for your genarilisation that all Kilkenny fans are like a soccer mob, well that's just down to plain old jealousy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

They are nowhere to be seen prior to this , other than a free evening out in Nowlan Park to see training .

What are you talking about? Absolutely nonsense post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭TonyStark

Last Sunday was fair bad now, I was walking up early to the grounds to get a good seat before the camogie. After parking up by a petrol station and wearing my Tipp jersey and cap some car full of lads started roaring at me "ya ****in scumbag". I looked around to see if anyone heard what I heard but I was the only one in earshot at the time. I never came across that oul soccer type blaggardism in any other town before.

I noticed the Kilkenny supporters have an awful habit of Booing aswell. They Boo for everything that doesn't go their way. I don't know about ye but I find that shocking bad manners and thick. If the ref makes a bad call, let a roar at him but this oul soccer type mob chanting is nothing like any where else in Ireland. I wonder how in the hell such a legendary team can come from such a classless supporter base at all.
    That's a bit of a generalization on soccer supporters IMO. Perhaps they took exception to you parking, to watch a match, by a patrol station and perhaps causing an obstruction.

You were so upset about it, it took nearly a week to bring it up?! A simple case of a few lads having "the craic". This comes to mind: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t1V_qz9I1Nk

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

So not only are we the dirtiest team, our supporters are scumbags now as well. What's next eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

I should start this post by saying I'm not a KK Fan.

In relation to the OP, every group of supporters in every sport in the entire world has a few idiots in their ranks who think that shouting mindless abuse at an individual is funny.

This is absolute tripe, Kilkenny always have a very good support and a very dedicated fanbase who attend inter-county games from Senior downwards and an extremely healthy attendance at club games also.
    For sure the numbers attending swell for an All Ireland final but that is the same for all counties.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

Its hard to find a good stick to beat Kilkenny with, supporters, football and dirty play are the three jealous fcukers usually resort to.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Oh I have heard a Boo or ten but not on the scale like KK supporters. Your right I've never been on a train to a game I always drive. I have seen Tipp louts actin the maggot alright especially down in Cork and they make a disgrace of themselves. There's ****es in every county I know but what annoyed me was how early in the day I was roared at with no time for drink to be taken but I'll get over it. But what I'm bothered about is the strange Booing that goes on in KK nowadays it was never as bad. A bit of oul cursing and blindin from the crowd is great crack and I hope that oul Booing ****e doesn't spread.

despite bringing it up nearly a week later and tarring a whole county of supporters based on the actions of some chaps in a car.

great thread by the way. we've had the poor turn out of supporters, football, and soccer type behaviour already. Is it ok if I throw in the pissing in the gunpowder jibe too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭Dynamo Roller

bruschi wrote: »
    despite bringing it up nearly a week later and tarring a whole county of supporters based on the actions of some chaps in a car.

great thread by the way. we've had the poor turn out of supporters, football, and soccer type behaviour already. Is it ok if I throw in the pissing in the gunpowder jibe too?

I'm not sure what difference it makes when I brought it up. Maybe if it was after the next game fair enough I'd look bitter or something.

I'd like to see what KK supporters think about the Booing that goes on in Nowlan and all around the country. Honestly I never heard anything like it last Sunday even before the boys got sent off.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,333 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I'd like to see what KK supporters think about the Booing that goes on in Nowlan and all around the country. Honestly I never heard anything like it last Sunday even before the boys got sent off.

Can you highlight the specific instances of booing that'd occurred during the match last Sunday please?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

KevIRL wrote: »
    I should start this post by saying I'm not a KK Fan.

In relation to the OP, every group of supporters in every sport in the entire world has a few idiots in their ranks who think that shouting mindless abuse at an individual is funny.

This is absolute tripe, Kilkenny always have a very good support and a very dedicated fanbase who attend inter-county games from Senior downwards and an extremely healthy attendance at club games also.
    For sure the numbers attending swell for an All Ireland final but that is the same for all counties.

Kev, I don't think allthedoyles was in any way having a pop at the KK support in general. I think he was refering to the type of "supporter" the op mentioned having met in the car before the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Duiske wrote: »
    Kev, I don't think allthedoyles was in any way having a pop at the KK support in general. I think he was refering to the type of "supporter" the op mentioned having met in the car before the match.

Fair point, I did misread his post. Apologies allthedoyles.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

I'm not sure what difference it makes when I brought it up. Maybe if it was after the next game fair enough I'd look bitter or something.

you said you'd get over it. you obviously havent yet, thats why it makes a difference when you brought it up.

what do you want them to say about the booing that goes on around the country? I'm sure they think the same as anyone else, its not nice to hear, but sh!t happens. you honestly never heard anything like it before? have you ever been to a gaa match before?

And I havent even mentioned Dublin yet

/runs away from thread after planting that one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

After parking up by a petrol station and wearing my Tipp jersey and cap some car full of lads started roaring at me "ya ****in scumbag". I looked around to see if anyone heard what I heard but I was the only one in earshot at the time. I never came across that oul soccer type blaggardism in any other town before.
    I've been called far worse. There's arseholes in all walks of life.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭amber69

Big crowd of Tipp supporters in Kilkenny on Sunday night plenty of drink had all round I didn't see any problems. The shouting from a car was probably young lads thinking its funny. Going to and from the ground was the same as most GAA games crowds mingled freely the day that changes the GAA is finished

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

I've encountered arseholes from every county (except perhaps Carlow) in my years following Meath. And perhaps opposing fans have thought of me as one, who knows. Louth though are by far the worst I've encountered.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,688 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

What a crap thread.

Bring on the championship I say and with it a better quality of thread!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

BOOOOOOOOOOO off with yourself and stop your whinging. I teach 9-year olds who wouldn't be bothered complaining about something as petty as that.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Padraig Maher breaks Rices hand, Kilkenny players/supporters/bandwagoners look for apologises etc

Delaney and Co crack Lar Corbetts in off the ball thuggery, Tipperary ask for nothing

Kilkenny players/fans will never have any class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭silverbirch66

I remember being in hill 16 for the 09 final and unfortunately in front of about 15 tipp "fans".It would make you cringe if you saw the antics of those tramps.
    If they were not urinating on people,they were fighting amongst themselves.They started to trade insults with a group of KK youngsters then and brought up the "powder Piss" business.
    In the middle of all this,some auld KK lad came out with a insult I still laugh at to this day..."Will ye ever fcuk back to yere caves,ye shower of knuckle dragging,slack jawed tipp cnuts" :D

Made sure I went to the stands from then on,let me tell you!

Actually,now I remember on the way into croker that day an undercover squad pulled up just ahead of me and 2 cops jumped out,grabbed a pair of tipp young lads and shoved them up against the wall and out with the cuffs.
    What they did,I dont now.

So I guess the moral of the story is that all counties have a rough element.

And no one should make sweeping generalisations

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭silverbirch66

Padraig Maher breaks Rices hand, Kilkenny players/supporters/bandwagoners look for apologises etc

Delaney and Co crack Lar Corbetts in off the ball thuggery, Tipperary ask for nothing

Larry the Lamb should know not to start something he cant finish at this stage.He will be afraid of JJ now,along with Jackie.:D

Has it been actually confirmed that his ribs are broken or is this more nonsense from that well known fool Lar? I suspect the latter. How did Tommy Walsh react when Benny Dunne tried to take his head off a few years ago? That old saying still rings true: Kilkenny for the hurling Tipperary for the dirt. Please crawl back under your rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭plumber77

Pretty poor thread in all fairness. Going nowhere fast. heading towards the same level as the lads that were the topic of the original post..

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Ryu Hayabusa

Has it been actually confirmed that his ribs are broken or is this more nonsense from that well known fool Lar? I suspect the latter. How did Tommy Walsh react when Benny Dunne tried to take his head off a few years ago? That old saying still rings true: Kilkenny for the hurling Tipperary for the dirt. Please crawl back under your rock.

You must be in cloud cuckoo land if you think Tipperary are dirty players, Kilkenny pull dirty strokes all the time

Have a look at these videos, you have some Kilkenny numpty glorifying your filth play which just illustrates your backwardness.

Your grandfather was probably hiding under a rock when the real men from Tipperary and Cork were fighting the British

You must be in cloud cuckoo land if you think Tipperary are dirty players, Kilkenny pull dirty strokes all the time

Have a look at these videos, you have some Kilkenny numpty glorifying your filth play which just illustrates your backwardness.

Your grandfather was probably hiding under a rock when the real men from Tipperary and Cork were fighting the British
    Go on ya boy ya! Fightin' the British were ye? And now you're living over there! Still fighting them are you?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

And we're done here.
    Myself or another mod will look over this later as I'm sure bans and/or infractions will follow.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement