Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

living in Canada, Should i get a 2 year IEC visa

Options
  • 10-05-2013 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hey all, i just got approved for my second year iec visa but only got one more year, ive been living in canada for the last 10 months, am i only entitled to 1 more year? i assumed i would be getting 2 more
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Manitoban

shanem4422 wrote: »
    hey all, i just got approved for my second year iec visa but only got one more year, ive been living in canada for the last 10 months, am i only entitled to 1 more year? i assumed i would be getting 2 more

Is it not that you have 1 year to activate your visa? Then at the boarder you will be given your work permit which will be valid for 2 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

You are entitled to 2 years. If you were only granted one and already activated your new permit call the CIC, they may extend your current permit or let you apply next year.

As Manitoban said if your talking about the date of validation on the LOI that refers to the date you have to activated your new permit by.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 shanem4422

no it actually says "you must leave canada by the 18th of july 2014" im not even sure which office processed the application. the actual work permit just arrived to my canadian address. no word of having to go over the border to activate the permit or anything! better than getting refused i suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭Tonto86

Now thats strange. You should of got a LOI and have to activate your new work permit at a border. What type of permit did you get?

Advertisement