Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNA and Network+ - Any point?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 11:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

I have the opportunity to study the Network+ exams online over the next couple of months.
    Looks handy enough, should pass OK.

After that I want to head to college for a year (more to be back at college than anything else).
    I've signed up for CCNA with Security+ to be studied in class from Sept to May.

I was wondering if CCNA and Network+ are too similar though, and should I change the CCNA to something like CompTIA Cloud+?

Opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Anyone got an opinion?

Basically is it more advantageous in the current market to do:
    Network+ and CCNA
    or
    Network+ and CompTIA Cloud+

• Registered Users Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Personally I would say yes they are too similar. If you are trying to break into IT, Networking certs with an O/S cert would be more beneficial.

I would also prefer the CCNA over NET+

• Closed Accounts Posts: 824 ✭✭✭Kinet1c

I'd stick with what you've chosen of CCNA & Security+.

Network+ would give you a good grounding for the CCNA. If you're in line to do both, I'd be inclined to cover the Network+ material and then follow through to the CCNA. I wouldn't necessarily sit the Network+ exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BinaryFinary

If you don't have exam practice doing the N+ exams would help as the CCNA might be a bit heavy especially when it comes to subjects like subnetting and vlsm.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

Thanks guys.

My options are

(a) Network+ with Cloud+ and Security+
    (b) Network+ with CCNA and Security+

I've provisionally chosen option (a).

The reason for these options is down to cost and availability, basically I can do all these for cheap.

• Advertisement
Advertisement