Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shadow Warrior 2?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Holy crap! Flying Wild Hog were the developers of Hard Reset, one of my favourite shooters of the last few years, a position held mainly because it harked back to the days of yore when shooters were actually fast paced and challenging. The game wasn't perfect but after such an effort they'd certainly be on my list of studios whom I'd like to see take a crack at such a fun IP.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Good to hear, has my hopes up a little for this game now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Surely any of the games based around the first of the Star Wars prequel trilogy are inherently more racist than all other games?

A new Shadow Warrior should be great. It won't be, but let's savour the anticipation while we can.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,602 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Do you want to wash Wang or do you want to watch Wang wash Wang?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I never actually got to play the original. Always wanted to though, and it looked very Duke Nukem 3d, which was one of my favourites at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

This completely slipped under my radar.

It was released at the end of the September.

Anyone play it?

Don't really like how they Americanized Lo Wang!

You no mess with Lo Wang!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

It was quite fun in an incredibly daft sort of way. If you enjoyed Hard Reset then you'll probably enjoy this as it feels fairly similar but with more sword.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,946 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This along with Rise of the Triad were big surprises for me. It's a really enjoyable game. It plays more like a modern shooter than the old shadow warrior but it has all of the old school silliness.

Lo Wang is actually the best thing about it even if he is americanised, he's just a great character. While Duke Nukem Forever just came across as crass and offensive they made Lo Wang out to be just a complete dumb ass which works great. He's likeable and funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭da gamer

Just ordered this on amazon, only £12.99, looking forward to playing it, don't know how I let it pass me by years ago, I'm a massive 3d realms fan. This ps4 version definitely seems to have went under most people's radar

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

aww! I thought there was a sequel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Skerries wrote: »
    aww! I thought there was a sequel

was it a hd remake, a reboot or a re-imagining? I got it for $6 on us psn and played a couple of levels. It was grand but not really my cup of tea. much preferred wolfenstein new order.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Can't wait for this , played the first game but not much talk about the sequel here. Looks better than the first game and has 4 player co-op, over 70 weapons and each level is randomized. Seems to be out on PC next month and consoles sometime after.

Here's 4 videos with plenty of gameplay

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Doge

I wasnt impressed with the last game at all, I lost interest in the first area.

This looks infintiely better though, and interesting level design like the original.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Loved the first one. Hilarious at times. I'm a bit pessimistic about the random levels of the sequel though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

This little gem could be the surprise hit of the year as it really looks like an awesome game.

Metacritic 82 critic reviews 9.5 user reviews

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,130 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've been playing it, and I'm about 70% through. It's more like a first person Diablo, with bits of Borderlands in it. Socketable items, health bars on every enemy, multiple kinds of elemental damage, lots of crates, etc. It's very noisy chaotic fun so far.

Releases on PS4 on May 19th

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

how come this was released on the PC first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Skerries wrote: »
    how come this was released on the PC first?
    Smaller developer, publisher and budget I imagine. The release of the game and its DLC on the PC probably helped offset the cost of the subsequent console releases.

Does this have a physical release?

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Does this have a physical release?

Don't think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

This is down to €22 on Steam if you're on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I can't believe there's no physical release!

Advertisement