Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best TVPlayers/ Catch up

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭

What are the best available TV players around in the world, without getting into the whole VPN discussion but if you use vpn for security it would be of use to you. I'm sure there's some great TV shows available and sporting events that are free to view to people in there respected countries.

Here's a list of some that I've put together.

Ireland
    RTE player
    TV3 Player

UK
    BBC Player
    ITV Player
    4OD
    5 Demand

Australia
    ABC iview
    Channel Ten
    Plus7 catch up

United States
    Hulu
    FOX

France
    PlayTv.fr

Spain
    rtve.es

If anyone can recommend more, that would be great, not poor streams but genuine players .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 evanbeaulieu

free view is one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Dymo wrote: »
    UK
    BBC Player
    ITV Player
    4OD
    5 Demand

<PEDANT>

BBC iPlayer. :o;)

</PEDANT>

France
    PlayTv.fr

Totally unrelated to any dodgy phone-in quiz shows run by shady Hungarians, I trust... :o:D;)

To get back on topic, German players include RTL Now, Sat.1, Pro7 and ZDF Mediathek.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 evanbeaulieu

why do u want to know the different countries catch up tv players

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭Dymo

why do u want to know the different countries catch up tv players

In case I'm in those countries and I have a friend who uses a vpn and wants to know what enhance himself culturally.

The German channels seem good, there was a live french football game on canal last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Came across a really good site which summarises the live/catchup offerings around the world earlier. Gives a good indication of what is available.

http://www.eyeondemand.com/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I use Sky Go a lot, mainly to catch the HBO/AMC content. In fairness, Sky have improved in broadcasting shows closer to their US schedule, so can be a good source. Plus they've quite a few box sets that they update each month, so quite good for new and old HBO shows.

PBS in the states is quite good too, they've some great documentaries worth watching.

Worth keeping an eye on Amazon too, for their latest pilots being released that doesn't require a Prime account.

Advertisement