Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supplement payments and internships question

Options
  • 09-05-2013 7:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

I was wondering how long does a JSA supplement payment hold over if it's paid by the community welfare office. I'm supposed to collect on Thursday but the bus was late, so can I collect it Friday morning?

I have been offered an internship but since I'm only new to JSA I have to wait 3 months to accept it. In the mean-time I've been doing training days with this company twice a week (thursday and friday) so that, in June when I'm eligible for job-bridge they won't really have to train me.
    I work there 9-4.30 in the city then have to be in castletroy by 5.30 before the post office closes. This may sound like plenty of time, but the buses are very unreliable and sometimes (like today, I was waiting over 35 minutes for a bus)

So the main questions
    Is there any way to get eligible for job-bridge quicker?
    If I'm supposed to collect my JSA supplement on Thursday, but missed it, can I collect on Friday or even Saturday?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You are supposed to be actively seeking work and available for work if claiming JSA.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭RovinPirate

I am actively seeking work, I'm only training with them. I have been guaranteed the internship as soon as I'm available for it.
    I've been looking for work since November and done 13 interviews before I did the one for this job. Got hired by a horrible charity company that fired me for not making enough sales.
    (and it's not like I don't have work experience, I've 5 years work experience in different areas and a whole host of cert's for things from first aid to ECDL)
    BUT

nothing. months and months of looking for work and nothing.

I've been out of college since early november, but couldn't apply for JSA until April because I had to be 3 months out of college and have my exit forms verified.
    Money is ridiculously tight.
    I really need to know if I'll be getting this payment tomorrow.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Nobody here will know.
    You will have to wait until tomorrow.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

You need to tell your Social Welfare office about the training you are doing. Anything else will be seen as fraud.
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement