Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shoddy Service Providers?

Options
  • 09-05-2013 1:52pm

Is it just down to bad luck, or are service providers quite poor in general?

In the last couple of months I've needed a few different things done and got in touch with relevant people.

For example, a couple of months back, a window was broken on the front door. Rang a guy, "Grand, I'll be there tomorrow afternoon". Rang him again two days later. "Yeah, I'll be out in about an hour". Had to ring him a third time before he eventually decided to show up (and at that, he took the broken window out, said he'd be back in 10-15 minutes and came back 90 minutes later with the replacement).

Needed to get some signs printed up for a retail store a couple of weeks ago. Got in touch with someone local. Same again "I'll be out to you tomorrow". Rang again the following week "I'll ring you back in ten minutes". Decided to ring a different fella instead.

Need to get a wing-mirror sprayed on the car, and two times (so far) The guy was supposed to take it off the car 'this evening' and no word since.

And thats just in recent memory.

I'm a photographer, and I won't even go into how unprofessional I see and hear some other photographers are.

Is it just a case that these people are run off their feet and there aren't enough hours in the day?

I just find it so strange. Is this the norm? Or have I just been unlucky?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

I'm a bit busy at the moment. I'll leave a reply in a bit!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

I got a puncture on my internet and my modem is due a herd test, only for that I would have been with you a lot sooner. I've never let anyone down before, so sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭FatherLen

cowboys ted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

FatherLen wrote: »
    cowboys ted!

shoddy shoddy shoddy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,731 ✭✭✭dmc17

FatherLen wrote: »
    cowboys ted!

How much did you pay for the window Ted??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Its the silly irishness of 'if you have nothing good to say. say nothing at all'

Chances are, like I do, you at no point gave out to them about this or said it wasn't good enough and just stumped up the money regardless.

This is why we have such sh1t service providers.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Freddy Smelly

dmc17 wrote: »
    How much did you pay for the window Ted??

alot less than what he paid for the tarmac boss

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I could have got you one for half that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i was so annoyed with upc i put my foot through the internet and sent them the bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

iDave wrote: »
    shoddy shoddy shoddy

Sure you could talk that into coming down!

• Advertisement
Advertisement