Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Megane II , Squeaky wipers

Options
  • 09-05-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭

Got a service done at the local Indy early February. Got the wiper blades replaced which are great at cleaning the windscreen but on the upstroke the small passenger one will jump up the windscreen (very noisy, squeaky) and then be smooth on the downstroke.

Any one any clues?

I have rotated the wiper but to no avail.

Further, whats involved in converting to flat wipers, are they worth it? Do I have to change the arm?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

You can get flat wiper blades but with the fittings for the "normal" connection to the wiper arm.
    Img
    I just got some from ebay.

First clean the passenger blade and the windscreen properly (if you haven't), maybe it's just jumping on dirt.
    This is free to do so that's where I'd start. I know, I am that tight with money :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

biko wrote: »
    You can get flat wiper blades but with the fittings for the "normal" connection to the wiper arm.
    Img
    I just got some from ebay.

First clean the passenger blade and the windscreen properly (if you haven't), maybe it's just jumping on dirt.
    This is free to do so that's where I'd start. I know, I am that tight with money :D

Thanks for the info for the normal type arm.

The window is spotless, so it's not that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Just revisiting the issue of the squeeky wipers.

I'm wondering if the auto sensor (which brings on the auto lights as well) is at fault. If I turn the wipers to intermitted, they will do one sweep and the remain off until it rains. But once it rains, the interval is very small, almost continious and for the continious mode the wipers go at fast speed.

In very heavy rain, there is no issue with squeeky wipers. Just in drissle/light rain the interval is too sensitive and no matter which of the 4 settings I choose, the timer interval is too short.

Does anyone have a calibration/reset procedure? Can a diagnostic scanner troubleshoot an (annoying) issue like this?

Advertisement