Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trying to remember some Saturday morning tv show....

Options
  • 09-05-2013 3:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

This is a tough one and not really game specific, but I figured if anyone knew what I saw then they might be here.

I'm looking for some kids entertainment show that was on in the 80's that showed two kids playing Ghosterbusters vs each other in some sort of friendly competition.

I get the feeling it wasn't an actual show about games. Instead what I was watching was just a quick seqment inserted into some other "presenter-style" show. (Imagine something like Going Live perhaps, but I don't know).

The reason I remember it is the two guys were playing Activision's Ghostbusters (on C64 I think). It was the first time I'd ever seen players competing on tv in any serious sort of way. I say serious but this didn't appear to be any sort of formatted show or anything. They seemed to be playing each other as much as to demonstrate the game as to win any particular prize or whatever.

Another thing I remember is the show wasn't even really following the gameplay. It wasn't a GAMESMASTER style situation where we were watching the game and people were commentating. Instead the show I'm remembering they just had these two guys playing and would occasionally cut back to them to check their scores in order to see who was winning.

Anyway, if anyone can remember what I'm talking about then that would be great. We're talking 1984-85 here btw. Also even if you can't remember the Ghostbusters but you can remember some similar sort of sceneario then I'd love to hear that too.

To summarise
    - Date = 1984-85
    - UK tv (prob ITV) (not Irish , rule out Mike Murphy show)
    - Probably Saturday tv (tho don't rule out midweek). Definitely kids tv anyway.
    - Not a specific show for computer games (probably some quick segment in another "presenter style" show).
    - didn't even really follow the gameplay (just went back to them occasionally to see how they were scoring). Almost the same routine as checking the scoreboard on a telethon for example.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Hmm, any Saturday morning shows around that time would have been either Saturday Superstore or maybe No. 73?

That's about as far back as my memories go. I was too young to remember Swapshop and I think Tiswas was off the air 'd day me ma was crowning'. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Advertisement