Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

staff want to stay on dole...

Options
  • 09-05-2013 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I've been doing interviews for my place and all the people I've met want to only work 3 days, even though I'm offering 4, cos they want to stay on the dole!

I don't have enough hours for five shifts but need someone to do more than 3 or i ll be doing 6 each week.

Does anyone know the rules - if someone does 3 days on week while on the dole then 4 the next , can they get their dole back the 3rd week if they're back to 3??

Not sure how to go about this but it's been 4 weeks of constant interviews and trials and Im so sick of hearing the same line

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,768 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Moved from Work and Jobs

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

naturis89 wrote: »
    I've been doing interviews for my place and all the people I've met want to only work 3 days, even though I'm offering 4, cos they want to stay on the dole!

I don't have enough hours for five shifts but need someone to do more than 3 or i ll be doing 6 each week.

Does anyone know the rules - if someone does 3 days on week while on the dole then 4 the next , can they get their dole back the 3rd week if they're back to 3??

Not sure how to go about this but it's been 4 weeks of constant interviews and trials and Im so sick of hearing the same line
    Start the people on a 3 day week when you/they have got the X and O forms (casual unemployment) they may work 4 days in a week.But if they are on JSA they will end up needing a new means test.It get messy for you and them.

If you can find some one suitable who is claiming JSB that system is more flexible and would suit.ie they can work 3 days in week 1, 5 days in week 2, back to 2 days in week 3, and their JSB payment just makes up for days out of work.

The above is just a synopses on how the system works and should not be taken as any thing but that.
    mp22

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Cliona99

You could employ two people for two days each?

Or if you have a candidate you really like, and they're long term unemployed, tell them about the Part-time Job Incentive Scheme. They can work up to 24 hours a week and keep a surprising amount of their jsa. And it's very little hassle once it's set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Petra157

Just wondering. If someone on JSA refuses an offer of employment does this mean they lose the JSA?

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭dbrunson

naturis89 wrote: »

Hi

Im looking for a job, and you certainly wont hear that line from me, pm me with your details and ill forward CV.

Many Thanks

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

A girl i work with was working 4 day weeks through her own choice, recently a few people, myself included, and this girl have been put on a 3 day week. She was unable to claim anything when working the 4 days, but can claim 2 days now that she's only doing 3 - long story short she takes home a fiver less per week working 3 days than she does 4. Needless to say she has very little interest in working the 4th day anymore.
    Basically she would be working 8 hours on the 4th day for €5 or being paid €0.62c per hour- this is your problem!
    Could you perhaps combine the 4 shifts into 3 longer ones?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement