Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax credit card

Options
  • 08-05-2013 10:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I had a Halifax credit card until their closure in Ireland
    My balance was taken over by certus ireland & I have being paying off the outstanding balance since.
    I have repeatedly asked for a copy of my original agreement both by phone & last year I enclosed a signed form I downloaded from the rte consumer show regarding ppi insurance issues.
    The problem now is the loan has been transfered to a company called glas situations/ bluestone investments.
    Does anyone have any advice please?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Obvious question..have you contacted them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Obvious question..have you contacted them?

Yes, as my post said, by phone & post.

Bluestone, I mean. I know you said you contacted Certus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

BuffyBot wrote: »
    Bluestone, I mean. I know you said you contacted Certus.

Apologies buffybot, the transfer is not until 21st may,
    Have contacted certus on at least 4 occasions,
    Including putting signed form in with cheque.
    Cheque was cashed but they denied receiving form.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

My account is also due to transfer to Bluestone.

I have no intention in dealing with them. I have informed Halifax/BOSI that I will pay in the normal way and will not recognise this company. (the balance should be paid off within 6 months)

I should have the original agreement, but I def didn't take out PPI. The agreement would be filled in the attic so it might take awhile to locate it!

All I can suggest is that you write a letter calling it a 'formal complaint', give them 10 days to furnish you with the agreement and if they don't proceed to the ombudsman. The issue is, are these collection agencies under the financial ombudsman's office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭daheff

I think you can also use the freedom of information act to get what you want...but you have to be very specific in your wording (or ask for all documentation).

As account holder you are entitled to this information ...they cannot reasonably refuse. As far as I am aware it costs a minimal processing fee (i think they can charge up to €12/15- but I'm not 100% if thats defined in the legislation).

Get them every which way....they'll have to respond eventually. If they cant get the documentation tell them they have no contract and that you are then stopping payments. They'll find it very quickly then :D

You may be mixing up Data Protection and Freedom of Information :)

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭scottser

i owed halifax just under a grand when they left ireland. i dealt with (ignored) two debt collection agencies on the grounds that they couldn't confirm to me in writing any instruction from halifax that my debt has been transferred to them. then i got a letter from halifax on behalf of bluestone and they settled at 550euro straight up.

play hardball - it'll save you a few bob in the end. good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

They offered to settle for me too, but I couldn't afford a lump sum.

As per the forum charter,please don't revive old and threads unless you are the OP updating

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement