Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Big Casual Docket problem??

Options
  • 08-05-2013 10:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

Hi all,
    New to posting in this section, so sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Here's a bit of background to my question.
    In the company i work in, we were put on a 3 day week in Feb, with me working Mon,Tues and Weds of each week. I was told that in my situation that could change to full time occasionally. We are paid fortnightly, with last Friday 03/05/13 being the 'end of the fortnight'.
    This is my problem below.
    On the week ending Friday 26/04/13, i worked a full week. Consisting of 36.5 hours worked and 3.5 hours holiday pay (Couldn't get babysitter). Sent the casual docket to SW as i knew id be working on the following Mon Tues Wed.
    On the week ending Friday 03/05/13, i worked only 3 days, Mon, Tues and Wed. So i put on my casual docket, that i hadn't worked Thurs and Fri and sent off again as i knew i'd be again working Mon Tues Wed.
    Got my payslip today and seen that I've been payed 8 hours of holidays extra, I THINK.
    The accountant is away till next Tuesday so I've no one to check this for me.
    Where can i go from here?? How long before SW will spot this? Or will i ring them and say that there was a mistake made for that week and say i worked 4 days?
    Sorry for being long and drawn out about this, just dont want to be punished by SW for something not my own fault.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

jod1983 wrote: »
    Hi all,
    New to posting in this section, so sorry if this is a stupid question.
    Here's a bit of background to my question.
    In the company i work in, we were put on a 3 day week in Feb, with me working Mon,Tues and Weds of each week. I was told that in my situation that could change to full time occasionally. We are paid fortnightly, with last Friday 03/05/13 being the 'end of the fortnight'.
    This is my problem below.
    On the week ending Friday 26/04/13, i worked a full week. Consisting of 36.5 hours worked and 3.5 hours holiday pay (Couldn't get babysitter). Sent the casual docket to SW as i knew id be working on the following Mon Tues Wed.
    On the week ending Friday 03/05/13, i worked only 3 days, Mon, Tues and Wed. So i put on my casual docket, that i hadn't worked Thurs and Fri and sent off again as i knew i'd be again working Mon Tues Wed.
    Got my payslip today and seen that I've been payed 8 hours of holidays extra, I THINK.
    The accountant is away till next Tuesday so I've no one to check this for me.
    Where can i go from here?? How long before SW will spot this? Or will i ring them and say that there was a mistake made for that week and say i worked 4 days?
    Sorry for being long and drawn out about this, just dont want to be punished by SW for something not my own fault.
    Did you take Thurs and Fri as holidays if yes and you were paid for holidays then you need to let sw know and if they have given you money for these two days they can take them off your next payment.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

No, i seem to be payed for 1 extra day(8hours).
    As i said, the accountant isn't back till Tuesday and im also due the SW cheque on Tuesday. So dont know where to go from here!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Wait till you have all the necessary details, then contact your local office and ask them what would be the best course of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭jod1983

Thanks for the replies.
    Rang my local SW office and was told to wait until the accountant comes back and for her to sort it out. She can just reduce the 8hours overpayment to me and send a letter to SW informing them of her mistake.

Advertisement