Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price of blinds

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Just looking for some help.

Got a quote of €850 for 7 blinds today:
    Four large roller blinds approx. 190cm/w by 115cm drop,
    One small roller blind approx. 40cm/w by 115cm drop,
    One wood venetian blind approx. 100/w by 115cm drop,
    One Roman blind approx. 115cm/w by 115cm drop.

Just wondering if anybody has any idea if this is a good price, its my first home so very clueless about these things.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,189 ✭✭✭jos28

I would have thought that was a bit expensive. I'd get another couple of quotes if I were you. I used this crowd and had no problems
    http://www.myblinds.ie/
    Have a look it might give you a better idea of prices

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TaraLara

Thanks a million, just had a look and that company is working out a lot cheaper. Really pays to shop around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Don't be afraid of the ready made trim able ones from Harry Corry, we fitted some (carefully!) last year when we needed new blinds and couldn't afford to get someone in.

Total cost €120 for 3 roller and two Venetian, about three hours careful work, and they really look great:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 TaraLara

Actually never thought of Harry Corry, thats really good value, must have a look. Thanks! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Wicklowandy

Buy yourself some basic tools (screwdrivers, ruler, tape measure and scissors) at the same time, and you really can get a good quality finish (or rope someone else to fit them for you!)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Cordless screw gun is perfect for fittng rawl plugs,brackets,screws and blinds to a window wall reveal or window frame.

I got 13 large 50mm pecan wood slat blinds for 830 euro last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sosingle

Got black out blinds ,2 large windows and for a bay window one big and two smaller side blinds 260 fitted.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 gg2608

sounds very expensive. I got some made at Roman Blinds Ennis. very good value & excellent service. Im sure they have a page on facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 mikelovenotwar

That myblinds.ie website looks quite competitive. Can I ask where you got your blinds Paddy147??

Advertisement