Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else here a crammer?

Options
  • 08-05-2013 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭

Don't get me wrong, I am doing study now.. but I'm hearing people in school saying they're studying from 4pm until 12am non stop where as I'm doing maybe 3 hours tops.

I'm not too concerned though. I know with two weeks to go, the pressure will kick in and I'll be able to do a fortnight of solid work and have everything fresh in my head. It seems cramming is kind of frowned upon by a lot of people, but I think its essential really. I can't imagine not doing it the day before an exam! There's a lot to be said for short term memory :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Jade.

I'm definitley crammer. No matter how well I learn something I forget it straight away!! Only the things that I learn near to the exam are what I remember!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I don't usually forget things but I never really study so I just end up cramming in the end.

All year:

keep_calm_and_carry_on.jpg

End of the year:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSwVxkxDILYwFzARK5y4jo6OOsduT299hBcQB-sxdc_fcapKMlr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

0mega wrote: »
    But I'm hearing people in school saying they're studying from 4pm until 12am non stop where as I'm doing maybe 3 hours tops.

3 hours? I do barely 15 minutes of work a night, sometimes none at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭The Pheasant

3 hours? I do barely 15 minutes of work a night, sometimes none at all.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

And yeah I'm definitely a crammer, trying to work now but I know I won't get the real work done for a week or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

Not trying to show off, its what avolition does to you.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭Prodigious

Not trying to show off, its what avolition does to you.

Avolition eh? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Legion.

Dunno if I'd consider myself a 'crammer' but I'm not doing much work at the moment in terms of hours study because I'm one of those people that has consistently done their work throughout school (homework, study for class tests etc). As well as that, I work quite well under pressure and don't really get around to doing anything unless I feel I have to. Starting to up the workload slightly, eg did four hours of work on Tuesday, but then I sat and did absolutely nothing yesterday. Bring on the pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

I'll hopefully (!) start proper study tomorrow. I know it's late but what harm! I'm yet to finish the economics course (I do the subject by myself at home), only 2 chapters left. Haven't done revision for it yet as I wanted to get the course finished first. Slightly worried that I'll have only a month of doing exam papers, when I also have 7 other subjects to worry about! :P I feel prepared for 3/4 subjects such as English, French, Irish and a little for biology, but that's it..

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭user.name

I can't cram for my life, its long term study for me :pac:

Advertisement