Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with solid fuel Stove

Options
  • 08-05-2013 3:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

for some reason there is no draw on my stove, it was working fine but now there is no draw, i checked for blockage but nothing i could see..

is there anyone someone could recommend in the ardee, carrickmacross, dundalk area?

please provide a name of the person if possible as there is two people i wish to avoid, they have bad rep.

many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

wild_eyed wrote: »
    for some reason there is no draw on my stove, it was working fine but now there is no draw, i checked for blockage but nothing i could see..

is there anyone someone could recommend in the ardee, carrickmacross, dundalk area?

please provide a name of the person if possible as there is two people i wish to avoid, they have bad rep.

many thanks

More info required what type of stove?whats chimney arrangement?air vent in room ?was chimney cleaned?

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭wild_eyed

Robbie.G wrote: »
    More info required what type of stove?whats chimney arrangement?air vent in room ?was chimney cleaned?

It's a solid fuel stove without back boiler.

No air vent in room and it's an old chimney but it does have one of those silver bendy pipes running from the back of stove up the chimney.

The stove was working fine for about six months.

The chimney hasn't been in a year yet and plastic isn't burned in the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

No air vent in room and it's an old chimney but it does have one of those silver bendy pipes running from the back of stove up the chimney.

I would say there's a blockage/ restriction in the flue.When you remove the baffles for cleaning what can you see is the mouth of the flue clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I'd say your chimney needs cleaning. If flexi liner has been used its only 6" pipe and needs to be cleaned more often than your normal 9" clay liner. Also clean your stove out. If its a Stanley Erin the top 4 bolts must be screwed off and the lid removed.

Advertisement