Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

could it be??

Options
  • 08-05-2013 2:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hi all,
    just to clarify I'm not here looking for medical advice... Just opinions.

I'm on the pill and an very good taking it. About 6 weeks ago I got sick after I'd taken my pill (hangover), and remembered that evening about the possibility of throwing up my pill, so took another one within 12hours which was fine according to the information leaflet.

About two weeks after this I was on my pill break and got light bleeding lasting about two days, which I just called lucky and continued with my pill. I now an exhausted, my breasts are swollen, have no appetite, and an slightly nauseous at times. I'm finished my pill since sat, got bad cramps last night, but still no period, just very very slight spotting - I mean just leaving a slight pink on the tissue.

Does it sound likely that I could be pregnant, or am I over reacting?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭lmullen

I only ever got very light periods when I was on the pill. I but the best thing to do is do a test and it'll confirm things either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 purpleturtle21

I'm terrified to get a test tbh....
    I'm going to wait until I'm due to go back on my pill on sat, them I'll know for sure that my period didn't come.

does it sound similar to anybody else's experience or signs??

• Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

It's really hard to tell-everyone experiences the first sign of pregnancy differently. I found that I started going to the bathroom multiple times a night, from never going to the bathroom at night before. Also I got tired a bit more easily than usual. I got these symptoms fairly early- at what must have been about 6-8 weeks preg.

Ok so I bit the bullet and took a test, and its negative. So that's good.
    If I still don't get my period in the next few days I'll retest?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭lainycool

Ok so I bit the bullet and took a test, and its negative. So that's good.
    If I still don't get my period in the next few days I'll retest?

Hi
    I think you are better off testing first thing in the morning as that is when your hormones are at their highest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 365 ✭✭paperclipgrad

Well, if you ovulated 6 weeks ago, that means conception would have taken place then. If you're not testing as pregnant now, it's very unlikely that you are. Of course you can take an extra test if you want, for peace of mind.

Yeah that's also what I was thinking which is why I was expecting to get a positive result tbh.
    I don't know if its in my head or not, but something just doesn't feel right if that makes sense...
    Maybe it's paranoia... Either way I'll give it a few days and test again. Thanks for replies guys I'll keep you updated!

Period came... Barely, but it came :-) thanks for replies!

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Hello Lady!

it could be that you didn't evacuate the first pill when you vomited, and by taking a 2nd one that night you took a double dose. This wouldn't do much harm, but it could knock your cycle out a bit for that month.

The symptoms you are experiencing could simply be a result of the change in your cycle and also the fact that you are focusing on each symptom more than normal. Most early pregnancy symptoms are so similar to PMS symptoms, that there really is no way to be certain other than testing.

If you still test negative 2-3 days after your period should have been due, I would say it's unlikely you are pregnant.

Advertisement