Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Cashback Vouchers & Motor Fuels

Options
  • 08-05-2013 12:24pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

I looked at the exclusions on the reverse of the latest lot of vouchers I received and it seems I may be able to use them for diesel purchases.

Does anyone have any experience of Tesco filling stations? Are they all pre-pay and quality-wise how is the fuel (mixed reactions in the UK)?

I normally use AppleGreen and price-wise they are currently 144.8 / litre. Can Tesco compete without the vouchers?

Mods if this is in the wrong slot, please move as appropriate

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can use the vouchers to buy fuel but you only get a point per €2 spent on fuel. There's two Tesco petrol stations near me one is one of the most expensive and the other is usually the cheapest station around.

So no hard and fast rules.

As for quality, no idea, been using the petrol for 6 years in my little 1.3l car no issues!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

I was passing the Tesco filling station in Cahir, Co. Tipp today and called in.

I topped up the tank (€32.50 @ 154.9 / litre for diesel) and paid handing in the €6 worth of vouchers I had in the glove-box.

After doing all the sums (20.98 litres for €26.50) = €1.263 / litre, which is very good but as it's only for a small amount of fuel it would not be worth my while diverting unless I had loads of vouchers (which have a shelf life), a nearly empty tank and a couple of jerry cans.

Still, every little helps.

Advertisement