Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Student Travel Loan

Options
  • 08-05-2013 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

I'm heading on a J1 this summer and I was wondering if BOI still offer the 9 month interest free student travel loan?

I currently have an account with AIB, however, and I was wondering if it would be possible for me to set up an account with Bank of Ireland to obtain a loan or do I need a history with the bank? Also does this loan require guarantors?

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi colliehandy, 

Thanks for posting.

The 9 Month Interest Free Travel Loan is still available.
    Information can be found here 

The following is taken from the Terms & Conditions:

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Lending criteria and terms and conditions apply. Applicants must be 18 years old or over.  To apply for a student travel loan you must be a full time student. We may require a guarantee from your parent or guardian. Full details of any guarantee required will be provided in advance.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]You do not need to be a Bank of Ireland customer to apply for a loan. [/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Application is done through the branch so the best thing to do would be to call a local BOI branch and speak with a Student Advisor who will be happy to help with any questions you might have.[/font]

[font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]A full list of branch contact numbers can be found here[/font]

I hope this helps.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement