Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re hanging Radiator after installing insulated plasterboard

Options
  • 08-05-2013 8:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

I removed a rad for my sister as she was getting insulated plasterboard (52mm) put up, when I dropped the rad I put dimensions a some paper as to where the brackets where located but it has been thrown out. Can someone explain how to line up the rad and how I determine where the brackets go?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Lie the rad on its face down on the floor , fit the bracket to the lugs on the rad where they will be if the rad was hanging on them , measure the distance from the valve connection in the rad to the top of the bracket . Then measure the distance from the floor to the cntr of the rad valve and add on the previous measurement you took , this is the height from floor to top of bracket , next step is cntr the rad between the two valves and marke the cntr of the lugs on the wall , when marking the height of the brackets mark one side and use a level to mark the other side , dont measure the height up at both sides , rad never ends up level , check that brackets are level both sides before lifting rad up it means you only have to lift rad once .
    Hope this helps .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Munsterly

I am renovating an old house. The plumber did his work, leaving pipes in place for the installation of radiators when time comes. I now discover that the builder has put up the plasterboard and plastered over the lot, with no sign of the pipes for rads left in place by the plumber! Is this normal practise? Will the plumber be able to relocate his pipes etc. without digging up my floors and walls again???

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭Froststop

Munsterly wrote: »
    I am renovating an old house. The plumber did his work, leaving pipes in place for the installation of radiators when time comes. I now discover that the builder has put up the plasterboard and plastered over the lot, with no sign of the pipes for rads left in place by the plumber! Is this normal practise? Will the plumber be able to relocate his pipes etc. without digging up my floors and walls again???

Block your ears when he comes as I think there will be a lot of shouting & swearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Munsterly wrote: »

Certainly not normal practice , did you see the pipes in place before the plasterer did his work , were they left up through the floor or out from the wall , if you are using insulated boards the pipes were probably left too short , either way the plasterer should of made you aware of this before covering them in , someone deserves an ear full

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

If this is a new build or similar are you sure the pipes aren't buried in the floor, ready to be dug up when the time comes ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement