Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unvented system (Megaflow or similar)

Options
  • 07-05-2013 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi there,

We live in a 1970's house and are trying to bring it into the 21st century :)

We are exploring our options for a pressurised system and are looking at installing megaflow (or something similar)

I know nothing about the pros and cons apart from what i've read - costly to install and water pressure might be an issue.

How do I test water pressure? Is it something a plumber can do?

Is an unvented system a good option? Does anyone have one - and how do you find it (we're a family of 5)

Any replies - or links to replies to previously asked similar questions, much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

Are you talking about your heating or plumbing system .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 felizdia

sullzz wrote: »
    Are you talking about your heating or plumbing system .

Our plumbing system. We currently have a pump in the hot press but need to install new showers & baths upstairs.

Biggest disadvantage as far as I've read is no storage water so if mains cut off we have nothing in reserve. Water pressure also seems to be a big issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

use a storage tank and a pump supplying the cylinder and fixtures , by the sound of it you are thinking of feeding the cylinder via the incoming mains .

• Registered Users Posts: 5 felizdia

sullzz wrote: »
    use a storage tank and a pump supplying the cylinder and fixtures , by the sound of it you are thinking of feeding the cylinder via the incoming mains .

Thanks - not too sure what I'm after - trying to get as much info as I can at this stage.
    Thanks for the reply :)

Advertisement