Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best campsite

Options
  • 07-05-2013 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

What's de best campsite in Ireland??? Suitable for a 5 yr old,clean, good facilities on site, also good location to outside facilities, thanks a mill

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

I have never been but I have read good things about Westport house and it sounds ideal for a 5 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 hellosailor

Westport was brill when I was a kid but Ive read reviews on trip advisor saying that the adventure park tickets are way too over priced! And of course with a 5 year old you will HAVE to go to the adventure park... I am looking for the same info myself I have 2 girls a ten yr old and a 6yr old... :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

We were here last year & it is so safe. Where you camp you are easily a solid 3 miles from the nearest road, as you are camping in a forest park. The kids loved it, basically they were jungle kids for a few days. The weather wasn't great but it wasn't really a problem.

The facilities aren't great, but they are adequate.

We went to Carne, Wexford last weekend camping and I would not recommend it. There is a huge playground (and I mean huge), but there was rocks, rubbish strewn around. They are far nicer places I reckon.

One of the campers in North last week really recommended the Nore Valley for camping, and Hidden Valley in Wicklow always seems to be busy too.

I am trying to find a campsite around Carlingford at the moment, and think I will go to the one near Warrenpoint.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭tomc

Just my two cents.

Wolohans Silver Stand - Wicklow
    Nore Vally - Kilkenny
    Garretstown - Cork
    Caseys - Waterford

TomC

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I follow that campsite on Facebook and it looks brilliant for kids (petting zoo, remote control cars and boats, animations...) and grown ups. They're always organizing Easter Egg hunts, or seasonal animations like that. It's in Wicklow.
    Have never been, but it's on my list.

http://www.rivervalleypark.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

Have a look at the Hidden Valley Campsite on the outskirts of Rathdrum. Had 2 grandsons, 2 and 5 there for a few days last year. They had a ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Mastercolm

Lakeside camping near Killaloe in Clare is very good. Right on lough Derg.

Advertisement