Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forecasting as a service

Options
  • 07-05-2013 9:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,
    I currently work as a forecaster, at the moment forecasting contact volume for a number of call centres but the basics are the same regardless of what is being forecast.
    I was wondering if there was opportunity to “offer forecasting” as a service to small business.
    I would be interested in helping a business with the setting up of a forecasting process…not just provide a set of numbers. This helps the continual improvement in the forecast results for the business.
    Any potential customers out there ??
    Is there a need or is this already available ???
    Comments welcome (I’ll risk a flame or two ;))
    thanks for reading :)

Is Forecasting as a service of value to a small busines 2 votes

Nope
    0% 0 votes
    Yes but I wouldn't use it
    0% 0 votes
    Yes, and I would use it
    50% 1 vote
    I don't know
    50% 1 vote

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

its all done with software now

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Alba1

hey Belcampprisoner,
    Yes software is important, be that SAS, JMP, R and lots of others - S A TOOL to help speed up the process.
    The trick is cleaning your data, selecting the correct model, accounting for interactions and so on....
    Lots of things are pretty straight forward and can be automatic but people can and unfortunately do get badly caugh out.
    Besides, I am more interested in seeing if there are business out there who don't have a background in maths or statistical software who would be interested in exploring forecasting.
    The other important point is building forecasting process into the business function so that the business has awarenes and build confidence in the forecast

Advertisement