Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Touchpad ribbon

Options
  • 07-05-2013 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭

Pretty sure I have a faulty touchpad ribbon in a Samsung rv511. I have 2 spare laptops at home, dell Inspiron 6000 and an MSI wind 300 netbook. Would anyone here know if these would be compatible, ie nick one from the less used laptops for me good one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    I'd get a USB optical mouse myself.
    Cheers bonzodog, I have a mini mouse but I'd rather have it fixed as the laptop goes back and forth with me to college. The mini mouse got squished in me bag and the roller's banjaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,213 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Is there any reason you suspect the cable rather than the touchpad itself? I'd suspect the pad, and they are more expensive than a cable. Some seem to get sold as part of the top part of the case, or possibly, I've heard,part of the motherboard (Sony, I'm looking at you, bad design). Maybe the cable needs re-seating though.

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Is there any reason you suspect the cable rather than the touchpad itself? I'd suspect the pad, and they are more expensive than a cable. Some seem to get sold as part of the top part of the case, or possibly, I've heard,part of the motherboard (Sony, I'm looking at you, bad design). Maybe the cable needs re-seating though.
    The mouse keeps right clicking itself so it can't be the pad. I have resat the cable a few times and it's still not working. The buttons were working intermittently but just go mad now when the cable is in.

Advertisement