Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wood Pellet Stove Flue

Options
  • 07-05-2013 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi Guys,
    I was wondering what sort of flue/chimney does a a wood pellet stove require? I want to install one in the hall of a stone house, we were hoping we could bring the flue up to the ceiling level and then bring it across for 2 meters out through the wall then up above the eaves.
    Would this be possible?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jiggerypokery

MissSteel wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    I was wondering what sort of flue/chimney does a a wood pellet stove require? I want to install one in the hall of a stone house, we were hoping we could bring the flue up to the ceiling level and then bring it across for 2 meters out through the wall then up above the eaves.
    Would this be possible?
    Thanks
    Regulations state that horizontal flue sections should be no more than 150mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 MissSteel

Regulations state that horizontal flue sections should be no more than 150mm.

Hi jiggerypokery, do you think it might work if we brought the flue at a 45 degree angle from the stove for the 2m, and just boxed it in. Does the same regulations apply for wood pellet stoves as for wood burning stoves?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

MissSteel wrote: »
    Hi jiggerypokery, do you think it might work if we brought the flue at a 45 degree angle from the stove for the 2m, and just boxed it in. Does the same regulations apply for wood pellet stoves as for wood burning stoves?
    Thanks!

The regs are different best thing is contact makers and let them tell you

Advertisement