If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)
Hi all, The AutoSave Draft feature is now disabled across the site. The decision to disable the feature was made via a poll last year. The delay in putting it in place was due to a bug/update issue. This should serve as a reminder to manually save your drafts if you wish to keep them. Thanks, The Boards Team.
Hello all! This is just a quick reminder to ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere.

Employer gave me wrong P60 - now I owe revenue money on tax back recieved

  • 07-05-2013 2:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭ jenjoeful

    So I changed jobs in February, at this time I was issued a p60 from my old employer. I then applied for my p21 to be informed of tax back that i was owed of 1087 - which was welcomed!

    As it turns our my old employer completed my P60 incorrectly stating a wrong amount of earnings, (less than I actually did) revenue have found out and want me to repay the money I received.

    I gather I have to repay, but is it at all possible fro me to be able to implicate my previous employer and have them pay it back? i really cannot afford to pay it right now!

    Any suggestions/words of wisdom?


  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭ srsly78

    No. The person that got the money has to pay it back - that would be you.

  • Registered Users Posts: 58,930 ✭✭✭✭ namenotavailablE

    You might be able to agree a schedule for repayment with the Revenue Commissioners- for example, they could reduce your credits for the next 12 months (or maybe just for the remainder of the current year) by the amount you now owe and let you 'spread the pain' a little.