Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acrylic print or canvas?

Options
  • 07-05-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,120 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm planning on getting a large print of this photo for the wall. Canvas or acrylic print seem to be the options.

Some questions-
    1. With acrylic prints can you get the photo 'wrapped' around the sides or not?
    2. does acrylic give off much of a shine?
    3. Which would work better in your opininion. I'm thinking acrylic as the canvas loses detail/is more grainy.

8628333753_80f1e1a18c_z.jpg
    Star Burst Abstract by Photoblog.ie (Patrick Dinneen), on Flickr

Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

acrylic

• Registered Users Posts: 2,262 ✭✭✭stcstc

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm planning on getting a large print of this photo for the wall. Canvas or acrylic print seem to be the options.

Some questions-
    1. With acrylic prints can you get the photo 'wrapped' around the sides or not?
    2. does acrylic give off much of a shine?
    3. Which would work better in your opininion. I'm thinking acrylic as the canvas loses detail/is more grainy.

Cheers in advance,
    Pa.

not sure what you mean wrapped around the sides, acrylic mounted stuff is generally done edge to edge, and the print is on the back of the acrylic

yes acrylic is generally very shiney, although there are no reflective acrylics available but they are more expensive

i do think acrylic would be the way to do it though

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

i would suggest a square crop, it looks a little off or something with the rectangle imo

Advertisement