Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camping and Isle of Man

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭

Does anyone have any experience with Isle of Man camping? What are good campsites? Expensive ones or with poor facilities?

Trying to do some research here and am a bit boggled so far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Jordan5372

i was born on the isle of man and have lived there since 3 years ago when i moved to Ireland. If you are talking about places to Camp during the TT then there are many. Are true bikers campsite is the kirk michael camp site "Glen Wylnn" which is right next to the course and offers plenty of space with showers, washrooms, tv room and a 5 minute walk from the beach. A great atmosphere here.
    Another option is Sulby Cladders which to is next to the course and is also a great spot, however not to much amenities available.

Sulby Cladders is free, not to sure on Glen wylnn, perhaphs are small charge.

Plenty of farmers open up fields to allow campers in for the TT festival. The whole Island has a great atmosphere.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Jordan5372 wrote: »
    i was born on the isle of man and have lived there since 3 years ago when i moved to Ireland. If you are talking about places to Camp during the TT then there are many. Are true bikers campsite is the kirk michael camp site "Glen Wylnn" which is right next to the course and offers plenty of space with showers, washrooms, tv room and a 5 minute walk from the beach. A great atmosphere here.
    Another option is Sulby Cladders which to is next to the course and is also a great spot, however not to much amenities available.

Sulby Cladders is free, not to sure on Glen wylnn, perhaphs are small charge.

Plenty of farmers open up fields to allow campers in for the TT festival. The whole Island has a great atmosphere.

I wasn't planning on going for the TT races, would probably prefer to avoid that time actually. I was wondering if anyone had any personal experience with different camp sites etc.

Thanks for the info though.

Advertisement