Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leap Card.

Options
  • 07-05-2013 1:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Could someone tell me how and when is the €5 initial charge refunded?
    All I can find out is that it is refundable but nothing tells me how the refund is done!

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭etchyed

johnire wrote: »
    Could someone tell me how and when is the €5 initial charge refunded?
    All I can find out is that it is refundable but nothing tells me how the refund is done!

Thanks.
    It's refundable if you stop using the card and return it. If you plan to use it indefinitely (which, obviously, most people do), you'll never get the refund.

The €5 is used so that you can go in the red with your card, meaning you won't get stranded the first time you forget to top up. For example, if you have €0.50 on your card, and wish to make a €2.40 bus journey, you can do so, bringing your balance down to -€1.90. But you can't then make any further journeys until you top up the card again.

If you're thinking of using a Leap Card temporarily, getting the money back involves filling in this form and sending it, and the card, by post. You then get your refund back, along with any balance on the card. I presume this is by cheque, but I don't know for certain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭johnire

Hi there.
    Many thanks for the detailed reply-you are very good.
    etchyed wrote: »
    It's refundable if you stop using the card and return it. If you plan to use it indefinitely (which, obviously, most people do), you'll never get the refund.

The €5 is used so that you can go in the red with your card, meaning you won't get stranded the first time you forget to top up. For example, if you have €0.50 on your card, and wish to make a €2.40 bus journey, you can do so, bringing your balance down to -€1.90. But you can't then make any further journeys until you top up the card again.

If you're thinking of using a Leap Card temporarily, getting the money back involves filling in this form and sending it, and the card, by post. You then get your refund back, along with any balance on the card. I presume this is by cheque, but I don't know for certain.

Advertisement