Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal cheap tablet for skype

• 07-05-2013 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

I'm going traveling shortly and will only be packing the bare essentials, therefore I'll be leaving my laptop behind.

I'm looking to purchase a cheap & small tablet that has a decent camera for skyping, all I'll be using it for is web browsing and skyping so memory and quality isn't really an issue.

I don't want to spend loads of money on one in the event of it going missing or getting robbed.

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Ozsummer1

anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Male30something

I'd recommend the HP Slate 7. It's a lower spec than the Nexus 7 but does it exactly what you want for €159.99 in Currys.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Many of the cheap Android tabs should suit :) . Just make sure that the reviews indicate the wifi range is not an issue and that the camera quality is acceptable. You may be better off going with the "branded" Nexus or HP tablets though. Something like this may suit if the budget is very tight. Just be aware that on amazons marketplace you are dealing with people selling, like ebay so I would recommend buying from a UK seller in case you need to send the device back.

Nick

Advertisement