Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing pedestal sink, installing vanity?

Options
  • 06-05-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭

I am buying a house and want to remove the pedestal sink from the ensuite to install a wall hung vanity unit with vessel sink on top. I'll be getting a plumber in, but i presume this is a fairly straight forward job? I may also replace the tiles in the bathroom - if i get this done, should the tiling be done before or after installation of the vanity? Any idea on a rough cost as to what it may cost to remoe the pedestal and get the vanity installed?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

put tiles on first

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

No get your plumber in first just in case the position of the pipes are not right for the new unit. He can change them if they aren't right then you tile, then fit the unit

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

If the sink is wall hung it will have to be established if the wall can support the sink. If not grounds for the sink will need to be put in and these will need to be tiled over. In order of work this is what usually happens.

1. Plumber first fixes - fits pip work correctly. The waste and water will most likely have to be removed

2. Tiler fixes tiles and seals
    3. Plumber final fixes sink.

I would make sure that the plumber and tiler are working together and understand each other simply because sometimes plumbers break tiles and tilers move plumbing.

Advertisement