Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Refusal Letter and Introduction Letter

Options
  • 06-05-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone!
    Hope you're all well. A few weeks ago I got a refusal letter for the IEC because apparently I didn't fill out the family information form out right and then 4 hours later with no word from them, I got an introduction letter.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm fairly confused right now, I'm afraid the introduction letter might be some sort of mistake. I don't want to go to Canada and be told that I've actually been refused a work permit.

All attempts to contact them have been a bit useless. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 safeashouses

They are useless to contact over email and the CIC over the phone won't tell you whether you've been accepted or not.

If you cannot see a work permit in your MyCIC account, I would begin sending RESEND LOI emails to question@cic.gc.ca. That way they'll (eventually) get around sending your probably already approved work permit. This seems to have worked for many.

My logic is that this is the core piece of documentation you need, and so far is all I have. No LOI yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 NorahJ

Thanks for the advice! Much appreciated. I did get an introduction letter, however it came only four hours after I got a refusal letter so I was a bit concerned whether it was okay for me to go over or not.
    I don't know, I might just chance going over and hopefully everything will be alright.

Advertisement