Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying to US for first time - help needed!

Options
  • 06-05-2013 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Apologies for naiviety of this question but thinking about flying to New York at some point in late June/anytime in July to visit someone for between 4 and 7 days... It's not only my first time in US but first time abroad. I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me the information about how to get cheapest flights (should I look earlier or later and which Irish airline?) and are there any other steps to take before being able to fly to US? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am obviously new to all this!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Have a look at http://www.skyscanner.ie

Compares prices for routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭silja

You will need to apply for ESTA (the visa waiver program) online, do this about a week before you fly: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/esta.html?_flowExecutionKey=_c4B13883D-0384-D4AB-1228-2BC1DC3D3C9A_kB78AC067-F363-E140-F70C-51FE803DFEAA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I'd really appreciate it if someone could give me the information about how to get cheapest flights (should I look earlier or later and which Irish airline?) and are there any other steps to take before being able to fly to US? Any help would be greatly appreciated, as I am obviously new to all this!

Don't restrict yourself to Irish airlines but as a first timer I would recommend you fly direct from Ireland to the US (don't go via the UK/Europe) as you should be able to clear US customs & immigration in Dublin/Shannon (though not all flights do). Your options include Aer Lingus, American Airlines, Delta, United, - all fly to the greater New York area.

Advertisement