Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile number for business ?

Options
  • 06-05-2013 11:16am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is it possible to get a mobile phone number for a business (e.g. 087, 086, etc.) where a call to this number redirects to a landline and where you can potentially receive multiple simultaneous calls?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

Just forward all calls to a landline yourself?

*21*xxxxxxx#

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Xantia wrote: »
    Just forward all calls to a landline yourself?

*21*xxxxxxx#

You wouldnt receive multiple calls though, would you?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I understand you could just forward to a landline, it is the multiple calls part that I'm wondering about.

In the way that for landlines you can get 1800, 1850, 1890 type numbers that get routed to a call centre and can handle multiple calls at the same time, I'm wondering is there similar for mobile numbers.

Of course 1850, 1890 numbers can be called from mobiles too, but they typically cost the caller 30 to 50 cent a minute and don't come out of the free minutes that most people have.

Ideally I'd just like to have a normal mobile number that would come out of peoples normal free minutes, but it needs to be able to handle multiple calls at the same time.

This Link might be more in line with what you are looking for

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Xantia wrote: »
    This Link might be more in line with what you are looking for

That is the opposite of what I'm looking for, it is landline to mobile rather then mobile to landline, but thanks anyway.

It seems like what I'm looking for isn't possible.

• Advertisement

Ha Ha OK sorry about that....
    What you could use is what they used to call a 'bee line box'
    You put a Mobile SIM card or cards into it and it feeds out dial tone for a telephone system.
    Some companies use them for outbound calls to mobiles from their PBX but you can also use them for incoming.
    Here is one that I setup previously
    You can use SIP or ISDN on this one to connect to the PBX.
    The PBX could be any size of course.
    Sample Seller
    One That works with O2 in Ireland

The ones quoted are a bit expensive but you could get the older Nokia ones that take one SIM card.
    Then forward on busy each mobile to the next one.
    Not sure if they are still available or if you have a PBX to handle the dial tone.
    Your mobile carrier should have details - they were all the rage a few years ago to save money on outbound as you were making a mobile to mobile call rather than a landline to mobile call.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For serveral lines, get in touch with a provider and see what they can do for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭eejoynt

all your problems in this respect will be resolved if you get a bus

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

eejoynt wrote: »
    all your problems in this respect will be resolved if you get a bus

Any how would that be?

• Advertisement

The number 47A ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

you need your mobile number to work like as a 'hunting group' (or hunt group) where you distribute from a single number to a group of many numbers. Normal in every business for land lines but for mobiles I have never come across it. Having a mobile as part of a hunt group is possible but at the head of a hunt group I have never seen.

Interesting issue though. Would be interested in hearing if you can find a way to make this work.

What type of PBX does your business have?

Advertisement