Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can I get headlights focused in Limerick city?

Options
  • 06-05-2013 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, As per my title could somebody please advise me where is the best establishment that wont fleece me to get my headlight focused for the NCT retest. Its the last remaining job on the list and its the nearside dipped beam thats out of focus.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭limericklad87

Hi folks, As per my title could somebody please advise me where is the best and most reasonably priced establishment to get my headlight focused for the NCT retest. Its the last remaining job on the list and its the nearside dipped beam thats out of focus.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Needed mine done in a rush so just got them done in advance pitstop. If you have time shop around

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

Needed mine done in a rush so just got them done in advance pitstop. If you have time shop around

Thanks limericklad87 but test is Tuesday week so not in a serious panic at the moment. Its just I could foresee them guys charging me a small fortune. It wouldn't be too bad only I've already spent a small fortune rectifying other issues on car for retest. Thanks for your response all the same though, appreciated

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Des Kennedy in Garryowen. He does it for a tenner.

Des Kennedy in Garryowen. He does it for a tenner.

Thanks cookiemunster. I'd be happy out if I got it done for a tenner. Am I right in saying hes the auto electrician guy located not too far from the back of tobacco land cash and carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,802 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks cookiemunster. I'd be happy out if I got it done for a tenner. Am I right in saying hes the auto electrician guy located not too far from the back of tobacco land cash and carry?

Correct and right :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

+1 for Des Kennedy. Every car I've put through the NCT never failed on headlights adjusted by Des. You'll laugh at the contraption he uses but it does the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 b3mol

CRC Garage on Childers Road. Going from city centre take left on roundabout and then first possible left to Units. Then straight through them. It's at the end. I think that they might be changing address soon so give them a call to be sure..
    I've done my belt and suspension there recently with pre NTC check. Good guys

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 82 ✭✭aman23

Don't think anyone is going to beat a tenner, and Des knows what he's doing, god knows he's been doing it long enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

aman23 wrote: »
    Don't think anyone is going to beat a tenner, and Des knows what he's doing, god knows he's been doing it long enough.
    mine always pass the nct when des does them,his equipment in old but works very well....

I called into Des Kennedy there during the week. He said he'll do them alright. He said best to leave them to as close as possible before the test though as if I hit a speed bump fast or a bad pothole I could knock them out of focus again.

I have the test late Tuesday evening so gonna call in Monday evening after work to get em done. It's not like I'll be doing a lot of driving in the meantime. He seems to be a gent in fairness:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,158 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Des is a legend, the only Limerick man to score two goals against Real Madrid, back in the 1980s.

Advertisement