Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed Third Account . ?

Options
  • 06-05-2013 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hello

So About long time ago I opened an account in BOI, back then I was a student, unfortunetelly I didnt get any collage and I been without a job, I went on JA Allowance and account was not used.

I had an overdraft about 60 euro and the BOI sent a mail but we have some big issues with postman, so he bring the letter to late. 

They closed an account [BOI] however I started working about 2 weeks ago. They closed an account 29 th of april [the time they gave was to 27 april so only 2 days after..). My salary went on this account and I dont know what to do.?

I went to local BOI and I asked for advice, they gave me a form to field up for opening new account, when I went again to BOI to leave a needed documents, one lady said theres no chance and I need to open an account to other banks however she took my forms and she said that I need to wait for letter and this procedure will be normal as new customer - my pin and my number account also my card will be included in this letter.

What should I do? I cant wait more than 5 days because I stayed WITHOUT a money, and the salary...what about salary? Please dont tell me that salary is in ''air'' and I lost it..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Igor2155,

Thanks for getting in touch.

To follow up on your new account application and to enquire if your salary has been returned to your employer's bank account, you would need to contact the branch directly.

If your salary came into our system after your old account was closed, it should have automatically rejected back to the account it came from within a day or two. It would be worth checking, with the branch you held this account with, if there is a possibility that the funds were received before your old account was closed. They should be able to confirm if this was the case and if they have sent you a bank draft for the remaining balance.

Hope this helps and the best of luck with your new job.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

Okaz so when I opened my account in Rathcoole [currently Im living in Blanch) so I have to go to Rathcoole and explain them? 

Thanks you
    Igor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi Igor2155,

If you contact the branch you opened the new account with they can check if your account has been set up yet and take the details of the closed account and query this with your old branch. Contact details for the branch can be found here.

Thanks
    Tara

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Igor2155

In last friday (before bank holiday) I went to BOI in Blanch Village, and one lady said that they will open a new account, however it might takes 5 days, is that true? because I know my m other in the same branch was waiting approx 1 month to get a new card..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

Hi Igor2155,

An account takes 3-5 working days to open once you have given in all the relevant documentation.  A card cannot be ordered until an account is opened.  A Visa debit card takes 5-6 working days to go out in the post once it is ordered. 

If you contact the branch you opened the account with, they will be able to advise you when the card is ordered.  This will give you an idea when you should receive it.

You can find the contact details for your branch here.

Many thanks

Seán 

• Advertisement
Advertisement