Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best documentaries?

Options
  • 05-05-2013 9:06pm

Just saw an ad on Discovery for a documentary called Trek Nation. I've found a list of a lot on memory-alpha but I'd like to focus on just the best. I've already seen "Captains" (weird) but that's about it! Cheers! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

Trekkies, and Trekkies 2 are the only two I know of, and only discovered them recently enough myself. Defo worth a look...

Trekkies was a laugh! I've heard the sequel ain't the best though. Trek Nation was a bit dull. I guess the rest pale in comparison to Trekkies?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,803 ✭✭✭squonk

I watched Trek Nation last night. One of the guys in work recorded it for me. It was a lot of rehashing of things any decent trekkie should already know but some of the interviews were nice and Gene Jr was pretty honest overall I think. They went through everything as well, even taking in Earth: Final Conflict which was a series I liked until it kinda got derailed round about season 3 if I remember. Not the most exciting but certainly worth a look nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Tomk1

The Star Trek Story was on BBC2 last week, might find it on YT.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b01sksdl
    They also had "The Magic Tricks of JJ Abrams: A Culture Show Special" on the same night, if you have access to iplayer, well worth seeing.

Advertisement