Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disability Rights Groups

Options
  • 05-05-2013 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Are there any disability rights groups in Ireland run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities, rather than just parents and carers groups?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Nitochris wrote: »
    Not sure if this is the right place to post this. Are there any disability rights groups in Ireland run by people with disabilities for people with disabilities, rather than just parents and carers groups?

The last/only time this was attempted on a national basis the government pulled the plug.

If you can find a history of The Irish Council of People with Disability (ICPD) it might give some insight, although I doubt it, as it is usually one side of things that survives time.

There are many organisations along the lines you are looking for ..... but I am unsure if there is a properly national AND democratically representative organisation run by PWDs themselves.

I hope to be corrected by later posters ;)

Advertisement