Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ambre Solaire Sun Lotion Really Half Price at Argos.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Thanks, some good value there :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Oracle

For cabin bag only travellers, Dealz have a range for €1.49 each, they're all 100ml or under (except Aftersun): http://www.dealz.ie/product-range/health-and-beauty/beauty/

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Word of warning - that Dealz stuff is pure muck and does not do the job it's suppose to do. Take it from me I know. Went on holiday last year and friend used it on the first day and burnt badly. Ruined at least 2 days of her holiday.
    You get what you pay for and I'd rather use more expensive branded stuff that's proven to work rather than save a few euros and burn. :eek:

cs5 wrote: »
    .... You get what you pay for and I'd rather use more expensive branded stuff that's proven to work rather than save a few euros and burn. :eek:

Yeah I take your point, although I'm not sure the branded stuff is necessarily "proven" to work either. Have a look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1185077/3-Asda-sun-lotion-shines-performer-protective-creams.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

you expect us to believe a sensationalist article from the Daily Fail?

• Advertisement

you expect us to believe a sensationalist article from the Daily Fail?

I expect nothing except death and taxes .... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭cs5

Oracle wrote: »
    Yeah I take your point, although I'm not sure the branded stuff is necessarily "proven" to work either. Have a look at this: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1185077/3-Asda-sun-lotion-shines-performer-protective-creams.html[/QUOTE]

Proven to work as in I've used it for years and it's always, always worked just dandy for me therefore ''proven''. ;) As for The Mail? I wouldn't wipe my arse with that piece of crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

cs5 wrote: »
    Word of warning - that Dealz stuff is pure muck and does not do the job it's suppose to do. Take it from me I know. Went on holiday last year and friend used it on the first day and burnt badly. Ruined at least 2 days of her holiday.
    You get what you pay for and I'd rather use more expensive branded stuff that's proven to work rather than save a few euros and burn. :eek:

Don't lie in the sun. It's not healthy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

banchang wrote: »
    Don't lie in the sun. It's not healthy.

3u9dgf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

That is a good bargain. I got a good bargain in Penny's as well for branded suncream. Dunnes are chancers, they have theirs half price at €11.49. Do they really think we are dumb enough to think it was nearly €23 before that. Yeah right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Is the stuff from Aldi/Lidl any good?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

The Lidl & Aldi & Tesco own brand suncare range are just as good as the branded stuff.

Yeah the Lidl range I'd have confidence in anyway. I get a lot of skincare/toiletries in Lidl and they're excellent. My guess would be they're all made by Beiersdorf, makers of Nivea. Lidl have a handy 100ml size sun lotion, in SPF 50 or 30 for €3.50, can't go wrong at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭georgem25

I use them too without any problems

• Registered Users Posts: 43,797 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Used the Asda one last year in Fuerteventura (40 degree heat some days) and thought it was great tbh..

.. but each to their own!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭paddyp

Lidl and aldi factor 30 were close to the top of test in germany last year beaten by one I never heard of and ahead of the brands like nivea. Demataologists seem to recommend ROC accross the board its bloody hard to spread though. My dad does a lot of windsurfing which is a killer for sunburn and the roc stuff seems to be excellently waterproof. Out daughter seems to be alergic to a lot of suncreen so we're using ROC now too, you can get it in these really handy bracelets for the beach.

Advertisement