Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back to education allowance and leaving Ireland for the summer

Options
  • 05-05-2013 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi I am currently receiving back to education for the previous two academic years. When by back to education payments finished last May I claimed job seekers allowance throughout the summer and I was able to sign up for back to education allowance again in September 2012. This summer I want to go to America for roughly two months so I doubt I will be claiming job seekers allowance this summer except for maybe a few weeks in June. I won't be working in America I don't think. Is it possible for me to sign up for back to education allowance again in September 2013 or will the fact that i am out of the country for most of the summer prevent me from signing back up and so on? Thanking you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,932 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You should be ok to sign back onto BTEA. Call into your local social welfars office to check if it is ok.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement