Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Back in Ireland

Options
  • 04-05-2013 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Just finished a year of study in Scotland and now I'm back in Ireland living with the folks for the summer. I start work again in June but have no income for this month. I payed PRSI for a few years, would I be entitled to the dole for a month? Or would there be no point as I heard the wait times can be long and I could be back working by the time it comes through?
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

There is no harm in signing on,if you start work before your claim is finalised you will get payed for the weeks you signed on.The qualifying year for JSB claims now is 2011.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

Cheers, I'll drop down on Tuesday so. Thanks

Advertisement