Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Date in Dublin

Options
  • 04-05-2013 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 41

Hey, I got date (not the first) in the City. She specified something relaxing. She's pretty cultured and wouldn't mind something low key such as an art musuem or something similar.

The more obscure and cool, the better, thanks!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Take her to see The Lion King at the Bord Gais Theatre. The tickets start at €25

Its an amazing show, definitely a good one for a date.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

the zoo

• Registered Users Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

A nice meal at the Golden Arches.

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭choons

There's a place called the tea garden on the quays. It's all Asian and pretty chilled. You can get lots of different teas or a shisa pipe to smoke tea. Really good spot to relax in and something different!

Its on the North side of the quays near the ha penny bridge. I think they have a fb page.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,323 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Well half the museums in the city are closed or undergoing building works so I'd ring rather than trust websites before you go!

Kilmainham Gaol is very different & will certainly give you lots of scope & lots to talk about - tour and then gaol museum after. iMMA is shut. You could do a walking tour - I think Pat Liddy tours go from the old church on Wicklow Street near the ENFO place - might be nice of its a nice day. There are also tours of Christchurch Cathedral tower ( don't be wearing stilettos!!) where you get to ring the bells - great views of the city & new & quite different ! They have funny hours so I'd ring to make sure & tell them it's the bell tower tours not the church tour!!

Have fun!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

The RHA is a beautiful gallery, always worth a visit http://www.rhagallery.ie/ The new cafe in there is by the folks from Coppinger Row, so it should be a nice spot to eat.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Imma, I'll never ever forget my first day with the Oh there, not least as he was two hours late

We've been back

The botanic gardens should be looking pretty good this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Trinity science gallery

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭chinguetti

Glasnevin cemetry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Stheno wrote: »
    Imma, I'll never ever forget my first day with the Oh there, not least as he was two hours late

Mostly closed at the moment unfortunately, doesn't reopen properly till Autumn

http://www.imma.ie/en/page_212445.htm

Hugh Lane Gallery & a walk around Blessington Basin could be nice. Very few people seem to know about the basin so nearly every time I bring someone there it's a first and they're impressed :) Extra duck-y if either of you are into birds.

http://www.discoverireland.ie/Arts-Culture-Heritage/blessington-street-basin-dublin-s-secret-garden/31288

basin_lge.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 41 Konvict

Thanks for the help guys, all excellent ideas, I'm sure I'll try each at one time or another.

Really like that last idea MissFlitworth, she loves art, and a secluded walk around a nice lake can never go amiss, Thanks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

women love shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 22,748 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

@belcampprisoner - If you have nothing helpful to add to the thread - don't bother posting in future.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,014 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Just on IMMA there, they have an exhibition in the old UCD Engineering Building at the back on the National Concert Hall - I haven't been in to see what's there at the moment but if either of you are building nerds (like me :o) you will enjoy the building it is in as much as the exhibition.

Advertisement