Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Qi Inductive Wireless Charging Patch for Samsung Galaxy S3 €10.20 Delivered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Can you use this with the normal 'back' on the S3?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Redsoxfan wrote: »

Yes, according to the reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Yep apparently so. I was going to include one or two reviews in the OP, but i was in a mad hurry, so i wasn't even sure if the link posted properly.

There is also versions available for other phone models. I think they sell them on DX as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭nicol

Has anyone used one of these? Any adverse effects long term on battery or phone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Reading some of the reviews, it seems that the choice of charging plate is an issue - any recommendations for use with this patch?

• Advertisement

Reading some of the reviews, it seems that the choice of charging plate is an issue - any recommendations for use with this patch?

Reading a few bits and pieces in other forums, general opinion is the Nokia plate seems to be best.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭bazery

would this fit an s2

bazery wrote: »
    would this fit an s2

No, i wouldn't say so. There is S2 version available i think on DX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

just a heads up on this... we have a previous version of this charging patch for an s3 and we were using it with an induction charger from amazon.

It was very hit and miss and after a couple of weeks it was resigned to the bottom of the junk drawer in the kitchen. We thought it was the induction charger at first, but it charges our wii and xbox controllers no problems.

Maybe it was just the particular charging patch we got, but we have gone back to charging it by cable since.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

QI is dead technology, no point in buying into it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Axe Rake

cgarrad wrote: »
    QI is dead technology, no point in buying into it now.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Doesn't mean it's dead technology. It just means a few Companies are going with the alternative.

This would be good for anyone until the McDonalds over here have PMA..

And if you don't get a PMA station in your house, you can also use the Qi..
    Also, they'll be built into the phones, so for now, it's fine.

Although i do agree that in a year or two, PMA may be the better one to have. But half of the SGS3 owners (Or all of them) will have moved on by then.

Advertisement