Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Jobseekers and wondering about Bank Holidays.

Options
  • 04-05-2013 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I recently signed on after becoming unemployed and I got a letter yesterday ( 3rd of May ) to say that I can start collecting Tuesday the 7th. Since this is a bank holiday, can I go in today and collect? Or would I not be able since it will be my first time/week collecting?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

If your post office is still open there is no harm is checking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭dearg lady

If the letter says 7th May, then this should be the first day the money is there. I've never heard of it being available early. But ya just never know! As mp22 says, you could just try the post office n see

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

May 7th is a normal working day the payment will be in the post office as normal that day

Advertisement