Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats economics like?

Options
  • 04-05-2013 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 36

So im a bit confused ive looked at some of the forums and some say its easy and handy even people who have taken it up as an extra subject but then some people say its hard. So what is it?i know its a short course and its difficult to get an A1 cause you need to be precise but is it possible to get a B or high C??how much of it is theroy and learning off stuff and how much of it is problem solving, maths and graphs?? Is it easy to understand?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭BobbyPropane

Really easy to get a C and B in. Most of it is just learning stuff off (Including the graphs of which there are around 10) and you get only a few "maths" problems which are pretty much first year level. The questions which come up that can't be learned off are also really simple which even people who don't do economics could do e.g Why are small firms(Local shop etc) still operating despite competition from larger firms.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Pk9712

Really easy to get a C and B in. Most of it is just learning stuff off (Including the graphs of which there are around 10) and you get only a few "maths" problems which are pretty much first year level. The questions which come up that can't be learned off are also really simple which even people who don't do economics could do e.g Why are small firms(Local shop etc) still operating despite competition from larger firms.
    Thanks for info bob :p

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭David086

It's a subject you can get a good grade in. Microeconomics can be a bit airy fairy and complicated while macroeconomics can be fairly straight forward. The subject itself can be quite boring but as I said you can get a good grate in it.

David086 wrote: »
    It's a subject you can get a good grade in. Microeconomics can be a bit airy fairy and complicated while macroeconomics can be fairly straight forward. The subject itself can be quite boring but as I said you can get a good grate in it.
    Thanks for advice

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭aimzLc2

I just took economics up this year as i repeat the leaving , it seems fairly manageable. At the start i was worried when people said ohh but that has maths..its hard , honestly that was bull , there is very little maths, i struggled with ordinary level maths but i find economics fine! I like the theory side, not too hard to learn and not too boring for me! I think it is slightly harder to get an A in than other subjects but not too difficult to get a B or C.

• Advertisement

aimzLc2 wrote: »
    I just took economics up this year as i repeat the leaving , it seems fairly manageable. At the start i was worried when people said ohh but that has maths..its hard , honestly that was bull , there is very little maths, i struggled with ordinary level maths but i find economics fine! I like the theory side, not too hard to learn and not too boring for me! I think it is slightly harder to get an A in than other subjects but not too difficult to get a B or C.
    Thanks so much for advice its great getting advice from someone who actually took up the subject late so thanks :)

Advertisement