Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish essay title help ?

Options
  • 03-05-2013 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

I've a debate to do on this title :

"Eisimirce : Réiteach Ghearcéim Eacnamaíochta na tíre seo " (it's from a mock paper as an essay type question).

But yeah, I'm just having a little trouble understanding the title. Do I agree/disagree with that emigration is the solution for the economy of Ireland? Or could I maybe agree/disagree with that emigration is the solution for people because of the economic crisis? I'm not sure if the 'solution' is for the economy or for people in general. :rolleyes:

Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

If I were you I'd say yes, it seems to be the solution but then I'd say that it's terrible that it is the only solution, it's an injustice to our youth oh the country's in a shambles blah blah I blame the politicians they're all crooked (and say why you hate them etc), and then finish up on a hopeful note with how wonderful The Gathering's going to be and say that because of this wondrous celebration we, muintir na hEireann, can once again have hope!

Oh Irish. :pac:

(btw I can't see how that could be a solution for anyone other than the people, I mean just looking at it common sense-wise, emigration isn't helping the crisis at all but it's helping people. So tackle it from that perspective.)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭ray2012

Slow Show wrote: »
    If I were you I'd say yes, it seems to be the solution but then I'd say that it's terrible that it is the only solution, it's an injustice to our youth oh the country's in a shambles blah blah I blame the politicians they're all crooked (and say why you hate them etc), and then finish up on a hopeful note with how wonderful The Gathering's going to be and say that because of this wondrous celebration we, muintir na hEireann, can once again have hope!

Oh Irish. :pac:

(btw I can't see how that could be a solution for anyone other than the people, I mean just looking at it common sense-wise, emigration isn't helping the crisis at all but it's helping people. So tackle it from that perspective.)

Go raibh míle maith agat! That's what I was thinking! :P Again, thanks!

Advertisement