Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Job seekers & Qfa.

Options
  • 03-05-2013 1:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭

If a person started collecting job seekers benefit in the middle of October 2012 on full benefit, when will his weekly payment end. I think there was some change to the length of time in the Dec. 2012 budget.

He got a letter from the department last Oct. saying when his first payment would be ( mid. Oct.) and that it would last for 312 days.

He also started getting a qualified adult allowance for his wife sometime November .

Any ideas on this please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭me4many

me4many wrote: »
    If a person started collecting job seekers benefit in the middle of October 2012 on full benefit, when will his weekly payment end. I think there was some change to the length of time in the Dec. 2012 budget.

He got a letter from the department last Oct. saying when his first payment would be ( mid. Oct.) and that it would last for 312 days.

He also started getting a qualified adult allowance for his wife sometime November .

Any ideas on this please.

Title should read Job seekers and IQA

• Registered Users Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭eastbono

Taken from welfare.ie
    Budget 2013

The duration of Jobseeker's Benefit will be reduced by 3 months with effect from 3 April 2013. For people with 260 or more PRSI contributions paid, it will reduce from 12 months to 9 months. For people with fewer than 260 PRSI contributions paid, it will reduce from 9 months to 6 months.
    Claimants getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 6 months or more on 3 April 2013 (or 3 months for people with fewer than 260 contributions) will not be affected.
    Work on a Sunday will be taken into account when assessing the number of days for which you are unemployed in any week. This provision took effect from 21 February 2013. From 21 February 2012 you must have suffered a substantial loss of employment (defined as at least 1 day of insurable employment) in any period of 7 consecutive days (instead of 6) to qualify for Jobseeker's Benefit. A person must also be fully unemployed for at least 4 days in any period of 7 consecutive days.

The paragraph I have bolded is the answer to your question. The middle of October would be very close to the cut off date for continuing at 312 days so best to clarify with sw office.

Advertisement