Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Office Collection Query

Options
  • 03-05-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm currently in receipt of JSA and collect my payment weekly from the post office.

I collected my payment this week and I got a double payment.

On the receipt there is two payment weeks listed, the thing is I'm nearly positive I collected it last week. Even if I didn't I always thought it would have been sent back to the social welfare if I didn't collect it and I'd have to contact them.

Has this happened to anyone else before? Is it possible I didn't collect it last week and it was still there for me this week? Or is it more likely a mistake? I tried ringing the local office but couldn't get through.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭atkin

I would ask at the post office about this .Welfare tend to direct you to An Post regarding payments.
    Keep it and bless your luck .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1 puddin burger no1

you may have been owed backpay?

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Tordelback

Obviously depending on how long you have been on JSA, you may have been due a 'missed' week between becoming unemployed and receiving benefits which has only now been processed. Same applies if you were on a properly notified holiday recently. However, the 'pay period' section should clarify this, as should the 'total payments' section, if you divide it by how many weeks you have been claiming.

Best advice is definitely to ask at the PO - their system will show payment dates and amounts.

I would strongly advise keeping all your previous PO receipts so that you can check these kinds of things yourself.

Advertisement