Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sudden Very Strange Urine Smell in Living Room

Options
  • 02-05-2013 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi All,
    Don't know if I'm on the right forum but if I'm not I'd appreciate being re-directed. I'm looking for advice. About a week ago we started noticing a very strong smell of what can only be described as urine coming from one particular corner of the living room. It's very unpleasant and it's driving me mad. Am a bit of a clean freak and have scrubbed the floors etc but no luck. There is no fabric in the room as the couch is leather and floors laminate. It seems to be coming from radiators. But I think the same corner also has pipes from bathroom as when someone is in the shower you can hear the water running in that area. Do you think it's a plumbing issue or something else? (No pets of any kind or children by the way!)
    Appreciate any feedback, thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭secman

Is there an electrical point near that corner. Burning electrical cable give off a terrible smell , sometimes referred to cats wee, to put it mildly .

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭dpofloinn

It sounds like you have an internal soil stack which may be leaking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

Do you or your partner sleepwalk ?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭cheif kaiser

Agree with above, has anyone in the house had a few too many on any occasion ?? :) Have heard many a story of of people sleepwalking after a few and urinating in the oddest places :o Had a friend years ago who's brother came into her room while she slept and urinated on her feet :eek: Friend also had similar incident when living at home, he walked into the sitting room in front of his Mother and proceeded to urinate all over the dvd player :eek: It happens!!!!! :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

a cat has got in you can get a light to look for the pee

• Advertisement
Advertisement